Monday, February 6, 2017

week 34 Feb6

Connor's birthday is Monday, February 13.  Please send him an email, a card or a care package! connor.cammack@myldsmail.net 

1601 Hwy 90 West 
#132
Sealy, TX 7774

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This week was super eventful! There is a family in the English branch that has a pond and a mini racing track in there back yard so on pday we went there and fished and watched their son race his dirtbike on the track! It was super fun and one of the many reasons why I love serving out here in the country :) on Tuesday I got sick again! I woke up and my right ear was plugged so I went to the doctor and found out I have an ear infection so I got some antibiotics and it's getting better. We had zone meeting on Friday and it really helped me to realize the reasons for the new missionary schedule. We are now using this schedule and I love it! I really like having my own agency to do missionary work. My desire to work and bring others to Christ has increased tremendously. We also had interviews with President Mortensen. It is always great to talk to him and receive help from such an amazing example in my life. 

On Saturday four of the garza kids were baptized! It was so awesome to see them take this step in their life after all that they have gone through. I was able to baptize Rosa. She was so nervous and when we got in the water I raised my hand I started the baptism in Spanish on accident so I had to start over haha. We are now working with some of the kids friends which is super awesome. It is so amazing to see the change in them and their family. All of their friends want to learn about the church because they all see the change in them and so they are all asking how the heck their family has changed so much haha. The spirit that we feel inside their home is so strong compared to when we first meet them. I know the atonement of Jesus Christ is there for anyone. You just have to choose to take a step of faith and the atonement will start working in your life. 

I have 8 months tomorrow in the mission! I can't believe how fast time is flying by. I'm so thankful for all that I have learned and will continue to learn out here on my mission. :) Anyways, that'll do it for this email. Until next week! 

Elder Cammack











No comments:

Post a Comment