Monday, February 13, 2017

week 35 Happy Birthday Connor

Mannn this week was so crazy! On Tuesday I was invited to English
leadership council along with Elder Jones! Since he is dominating in
his zone right now, president asked if he would come too. It was all
super good. We talked mostly about unity in a zone and applying the
new schedule better for the mission. It is always good to receive
guidance and council with President Mortensen.

A new senior couple has been moved here to Sealy and guess where they
are from... IDAHO! So now there are four Idaho missionaries out here
in Sealy haha. They are Elder and Sister Wilding. They are from
Blackfoot and apparently Pops knows them! The first time we met, he
saw my name tag and the first thing he said was "Cammack? Your grandpa
is from Blackfoot huh?" Haha it was cool. We helped move them into
their new apartment which is right next to ours. Then afterwards they
took us to dinner and we showed them around Sealy a little bit to know
the area better. They are super cool!

Saturday we did some service at our branch mission leaders house. We
put in a new door and it took forever haha but it was super rewarding
to get it done. The English elders had a baptism later that day so we
rushed to that and then right after the baptism we were trying to go
to some less actives before English class, but the whole time we were
in a super big hurry and never thought to look at the gas level... so
yeah we ran out of gas on the side of the highway and we had to wait
for the O'Hara family to come give us some gas haha.

Sunday we had a birthday dinner at the O'Hara family's house and it
was soooo good. My one request was homemade Idaho mashed potatoes (all
the potatoes here are so gross) hah so she found some and it was so
good. Best birthday ever!

Last night were transfer calls and I found out that I will be leaving
Sealy :(. I'm really going to miss this place but I know the lord has
more in store for me somewhere else. I'm excited for the change and
for an opportunity to grow somewhere else. The Garza family want to
have me over for dinner for my birthday and before I leave so we will
be going there tonight. They don't have a ton of money so Hermana
Garza made cheesecake and had her kids sell it on the street so that
they could pay for dinner for my birthday. They are the most humble
and giving people I know. I know I was supposed to be here for them,
to see them grow and to see their example.  I love them so much and
I'm excited to see them later on in the future. :) Sealy really has
felt like my home. I love the members and I love being in the country.
It reminds me a lot of Idaho just without the mountains. I love the
members and I love all the memories and experiences I have had here.

Thanks for all the birthday wishes! I'll let y'all know where I'm at
next week because I don't find out til tomorrow. I hope y'all have a
good week and I'll talk to y'all soon :)

Ps. I never thought I would say y'all... Texas will do it to ya

No comments:

Post a Comment