Monday, February 20, 2017

week 36: I love Ecuador

Hey everyone! Lots of changes this week! I have been transferred to Katy, TX. Which is where I would go everyday on p days in Sealy haha so I haven't moved far at all. Part of our area was actually part of my English area in Sealy! I feel like I never even left haha it's pretty cool. Our apartments are brand new and superrrr nice I'll send a pic of them! My new companion is Elder Berry from La Grande, Oregon. He just got out of training and he is the man! I love him so much and we've had a ton of fun this week as well as working hard. He loves cars and trucks just like me so that's seriously been our only conversation for the past week haha. 

Last week for my birthday the Garza family got a surprise for me and I'll some pictures of it haha. They are the best! 

The ward here is called the Westgreen Ward. All the members here are soooo cool. We have a dinner appointment like every night so that means I gotta workout a little bit harder in the mornings to maintain my figure haha. This is seriously the best ward ever! Most of the members are from South America like Venezuela and Colombia. It's a super different accent than what I'm used to but I love it! There were 218 people there yesterday! It was so much compared to about 30 in Sealy hah. I also had to give a talk for my first Sunday here. I butchered some Spanish but overall I thought it went pretty good. 

We had our investigator Ximena come to church this week with her family. She will be baptized this coming Sunday. Her parents are already members and are just starting to come back to church again. Our other investigator Maricela from Venezuela came to church with her family as well. She is on track for her bap date as well! This week we also taught a less active from Ecuador. His Spanish was the SICKEST Spanish I have ever heard in my life. Most of the South Americans speak like a song with different pitches and stuff it is the best thing ever haha. Our new district is doing super good along with our zone. As a zone we have over 20 baptismal dates! It's super cool to see as we do all we can that the lord will put those who are prepared in our paths. 

One of the many reasons why I love serving a mission so much is because I get to see the change in others as they choose to follow Jesus Christ but at the same time seeing the change in myself. I know that I was called to this mission to meet certain people but at the same time I was called here because this is where I would grow the most. This is the place that I could learn to be a better father and husband in the future. I can see that as I study the scriptures and work as hard as I can to bring others unto Christ. My testimony of the Book of Mormon has grown so much these past 8 months. I know it is true and I know all who read it with real intent, will gain a testimony of the divinity of the book. It truly will change your life if you give it a chance. My mission president has said to us that he would rather us leave our apartments forgetting to put pants on, than to leave our apartments without reading the Book of Mormon that morning haha. But it is so true. I LOVE SERVING A MISSION! 

My new address is 24949 Katy Ranch rd Katy, TX apt #517 77494. Any type of gift is accepted ;). 

Thank you all for all that you do for me and continue to do for me. Have a good week and I will talk to y'all next week! 

Elder Cammack ðŸŒ¶









No comments:

Post a Comment