Monday, October 3, 2016

week 16 conferencia general

This week was another good one. General conference was so amazing as a missionary. I have honestly never really seen the blessing of being able to hear from apostles of god until this conference. The spirit was so strong as they talked and I know all that they say comes from their own revelation from god. I loved every minute of it. There were so many talks that touched me and could feel the spirit in but I think the one I loved the most was Garretts old mission president Elder Nattress. His testimony touched my heart and I felt the spirit so strong. It was super good! I watched about half in Spanish and half in English and I liked it a lot. I can just pick up words and phrases in Spanish so I don't pick up in everything. It was nice to switch over to English every now and then and understand it all. 

Also our investigator was able to come to church this week to watch general conference with her family after getting work off on Sundays. She loved it and it went well. She is now on track for her baptism on the 22. I was also able to eat something other than Mexican or Honduran food after conference and have some good ole Texas BBQ. It was sooooo good and nice to have a switch up haha. Honestly nothing beats Mexican food though. I was ready to go back to the tortillas after the meal :) Speaking Spanish in the states is great because we get to pick up so many different cultures and accents. I love it so much! We went to the museum downtown for p day today as well. It was super fun. This week is the last week of the transfer and I will most likely stay in my area but who knows!! I will let you all know the news next 





No comments:

Post a Comment