Monday, September 19, 2016

week 14 BOM


This week was super awesome. On Tuesday, President Mortensen came to our apartment to have companionship study with us. It was amazing and I learned soooo much. He is the most spiritual man I've ever met. He knows so much about the gospel and how to be a great missionary. He is such a great example to me and I feel like he is the biggest reason on why I came to the Texas Houston mission. I received my iPad this week too which is super helpful. It makes life a lot easier haha. Anyways so this week my testimony grew sooo much of the Book of Mormon. The Book of Mormon is the foundation of this church. I have seen the Book of Mormon change me and my investigators so much already.

One of our investigators has bad anxiety attacks and We promised him that if he would read everyday, his anxiety would stop. We came back a couple days later and he hadn't had an anxiety attack since he started reading. He stood up and held the Book of Mormon in the air and said "I've tried everything to help my anxiety, but nothing has worked until I started to read this book." We are working on getting him and his family baptized but the parents aren't married yet so we are working on that. They are super awesome though. It seems so simple but if we just read the Book of Mormon, our lives will change. If we read, the spirit will bring all things to our remembrance and become the people god would have us be.

THE CHURCH IS SO TRUE. I'm so thankful for all your support and your love and I hope you all have a great week!! Elder Cammack



No comments:

Post a Comment