Monday, July 10, 2017

week 56 la semana llena de milagros

This week went by soooo fast! I feel like I was just emailing last week on pday... in bed... (perks of having an iPad on the mission.) 

Tuesday was the Fourth of July and it was super awesome! Last year I was in Mexico for the 4th of July so it was super nice to be back in the good ole USA πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ!! In the afternoon, Davis Killpack who is here selling pest control, came and picked us up for lunch! We took him to a potential that we had but it didn't work out so then we just went to Chick-fil-A. It was super fun and good to catch up with him. Later on in the day we went to a less actives house and they cooked us some BBQ. They live out in the middle of nowhere so it took about an hour to drive there and then an hour back so that took up most of our night! When we got back to our apartment, there was a bunch of fireworks going off outside! I'll send a video of it. 

Wednesday we had a SUPER awesome miracle. We were eating at a members house and the English elders in our area gave us a call and told us that they found records in their ward that they didn't recognize and they had Hispanic names so they told us to go find out who they were. We were eating close to their house so we just drove over. As we were walking up to their house we could hear from inside the house a kid yell, " ¡¡Vienen los misioneros!!" Haha so we got excited and knew it was gonna be good! The mom answered and immediately yelled for her kids to come to the door. Two of her kids came up and the mom says "these are my kids and they aren't baptized yet, can you teach them the lessons so that they can be baptized?" We were like "uhhhh yeah we can do that." Haha so we set up some chairs in the garage and taught the restoration/ set the two easiest bap dates ever! It is a family from Ecuador that just moved to the US. They were inactive for a couple years but when they moved here, they wanted to come back to church but didn't know where it was! They came to English class on Thursday and then to church on Sunday

Thursday we had zone conference to meet our new mission president and his family! They are all super awesome and have a strong spirit. I'm excited to work with them for this next year of my mission! 

Sunday the hermanas had a baptism and so we helped them set up for that. It went well except for the huge rain storm that came that evening. We were trying to visit somebody right before the baptism to get them there and we were running out of the house to the car in the rain and there was a giant puddle right by the car, so I tried to jump it and I made it but I landed in some wet grass and I slipped and fell into the giant mud puddle in my suit.... My companion and I had to teach part of the restoration at the baptism and so I taught it in a drenched, muddy suit haha. 

Let me just say real fast that I'm in the best zone ever!! This week as a zone we absolutely killed it! We got 20 people at church and 30 new investigators!! We have seen so many miracles these last couple weeks. It's so rewarding to see our hard work and diligence pay off. Letttsss gooooo Houston West North Zone!! 

Hope everyone had a good 4th of July this past week!! Y'all didn't get any southern BBQ so it couldn't have been as good as mine but I still hope y'all had fun haha ;). This week we have MLC for the first time with President Peterson on Tuesday then we have a couple exchanges lined up for the week. I'm excited for this week! I'll let you know how it goes next Monday. Talk to y'all soon! 

- Elder Cammack -










No comments:

Post a Comment