Monday, March 6, 2017

week 38 Yooooooo

Another great week here in Katy! 

On Saturday I had the opportunity to help out with a baptism for Elder Child( old companion) And Elder Jones ( my trainer). It was such a cool experience. The lady's name is pearl and she is 80 years old!! She is un able to walk and so all three of us picked her up out of her wheel chair, carried her into the font, careful brought her under the water and then carried her out. It was such an incredible experience to see her willingness and faith in the lord to be baptized at her age! When we brought her out of the water, as we were holding we asked how she felt and she told us that she felt some lift away from her. That experience is truly one I will never forget and it strengthened my testimony of the truthfulness of this gospel even more. 

Later that day, we went back to Sealy to baptize my old investigator Brenda! It was great to see everyone that I grew to love in Sealy and to see Brenda enter the waters of baptism. She was super nervous but all turned out okay and it was awesome to see her so happy afterwards :) 

We had zone meeting this week and it really changed my perspective on missionary work and how I am doing as a representative of Jesus Christ. We left all feeling more motivated to work and improve ourselves. After elder Jones and I went on an exchange. It was super good to be with him again. We found 5 new investigators just that day and 9 for the week. The success here is rapidly improving and I love watching this area change. I'm so thankful for this opportunity to be here in this area and to grow each day. 

Hope y'all had a good week, I'll talk to ya soon :) 

Elder Cammack 🌶









No comments:

Post a Comment