Wednesday, June 22, 2016

week 3 sup fam

So Im almost halfway done with the MTC. THats pretty crazy. The first week was tough but Im getting into the groove of things and I love it. I forgot to tell you guys last week that my companion is the district leadrer so i guess that makes me half a district leader since I pretty much do all the same things he does haha. Elder Bench is such a stud though. I couldnt have made it without him. He teaches me so much. Before the mission he had a huge beard like Rods and curly long hair haha. All he talks about is how he wants to be in the mountains. Hes just a super lovable mountain man. The temple last week was a way cool experience. The visitors center here is amazing. Driving through town to get to the temple is crazy. Ive never seen so many people and cars in my life. When you stop at stoplights, bands will come in the intersection and start playing music haha then the light turns green and they run to the side walk. YOu literally drive right next to people and people are just running in front of you and its crazy. Everything is so run down and then you get to the temple and its just surrounded by beat up little houses and shacks. Its amazing how beautiful the temple looks around all that stuff. Spanish is really hard for me but Im getting better each day. Just trust in the lord and he will get you through anything. We had an amazing devotional from the president of the mexico area or something like that. He went to snake river and i asked him if he knew pops but i guess he didnt remember or didnt know him. I have a made a ton of friends here too. There wasnt a ton of people when I got here so everyone knew everyone and everyone were best friends. Every lunch and dinner everyone just is so excited to see each other. We got over 100 new missionaries yesterday so I dont really recognize most people now haha. By the time i leave the MTC is supposed to double in missionaries. I try to speak to the latinos here but it doesnt work out most the time haha. They speak too fast and I end up speaking english to them. Anyways, I love my mission and I love the gospel. I have felt the spirit so strong. I know this church is true and it is the only way for lasting happiness. Trust in the lord and everything works out. 

Elder Cammack

Ps. Thanks mom for the package and donuts. All packages are welcome from anyone (: ask my mom how cause idk how she does it haha







No comments:

Post a Comment