Monday, October 2, 2017

week 68 Amo al Profeta!!

Hola familia, 

This week has been so stinkin awesome!! As a mission we have a goal to find 1400 new investigators for the month of October. It started yesterday and our zone is already off to a great start. We are setting dates like crazy and finding more people than ever. The lord is really blessing us as a zone and a mission. It's amazing to see so many people have a change of heart and come unto the gospel of Jesus Christ! We also were informed that we will be receiving Facebook next week as a mission as another tool to find and teach investigators. Tomorrow in MLC we will receive more information about it but it is going to be an exciting change. 

This past weekend while watching conference, I could feel the spirit testifying to me of the truthfulness of a living prophet and apostles on the earth today. I could sense their devine power and I'm so thankful for leaders that guide me in my life. As we were talking to people this week we brought the fact up a lot of a living prophet. Almost everybody found that very interesting and something that they would want in their life. As we testified of the reality of a living prophet, people's hearts were changed and I could feel the spirit working through me. I'm so thankful to be able to have the feeling of being a worthy representative of my savior Jesus Christ and that he always the spirit to work through me to help others. Even through all my imperfections. We have many potentials for this next week that are interested in learning more about a living prophet. We also had an awesome weekly planning session and have plans set out to further progress the work in our area. 

There was a couple themes that kept coming to mind as I listened to the talks this past weekend. One of them was the importance of not getting down on ourselves. Sometimes we think we aren't doing the best that we should or we aren't worthy of our heavenly fathers love. But in reality, our Heavenly Father always love us and as long as we have a willing heart and are continually trying our best each day, Heavenly Father is happy with us and will work through us to bless others. Another theme that I noticed was the importance of faith. Faith is a broad word that many people hear all the time but may not know exactly what that means. I learned in general conference that it means we have hope things will work out, even if things go wrong. I loved the example that Elder Donald L Hallstrom gave of the family in California. He said that he sensed that even if their father had passed away, the family would've had the faith that everything would be ok. They trusted in Heavenly Father. We can never forget that small but important principle. Even when times are hard and things seem to be crashing down around us, the lord is always by your side and as long as we trust him and have faith in him, things will workout. 

I love this gospel and I'm so grateful to be on a mission. I have realized lately that my time here is slowly coming to an end. I have about 7 months left and I'm going to make each moment count. Thank you for your support and prayers this past week. I love y'all and hope you have a good week!!

- Elder Cammack -






No comments:

Post a Comment