Monday, November 21, 2016

week 23 Chupacabra

Happy thanksgiving everyone! I'm gonna miss being home for the holidays but there is no place I would rather be then right here serving our savior Jesus Christ. Thanksgiving is such an awesome holiday for us to share all the many blessings from our Heavenly Father. We had another great week here in Sealy. My companion Elder Child and I were running around trying to get everything ready for the baptism we had on Saturday. Everything ended up going really good. Maria was baptized on Saturday and then confirmed the Sunday afterwards. The spirit was so strong and it was so cool to see her take this step in her life. She is going to Mexico with her husband for the holidays for a month to visit family so we can't see her til she gets back but we have a goal to get her into the temple when she gets back! 

So some funny stories from this week. Elder child and I were tracting in a neighborhood that had a little park in the middle of it. Idk what motivated me to do this haha but I starting running towards the swing set and started running up the slide. It was dark so I could not see the pole that went side wides across the top of the slide haha. I ended up running full speed into the pole haha. It hurt so bad but we went back to the car and I looked at my nose and I had a giant gash on my nose and blood running down my face so I went to English class with blood all over me haha. Also back in the spring when Houston had all the flooding going on, a members house got flooded here and he is still fixing stuff in it so we helped him tear out all his tile. Some of it wouldn't come out so easily so I took a sledgehammer to it and started to smash it all. It was soooo fun. Until I looked down at my hand and realized all the shards of tile were coming back up and cutting my hand so my whole hand was cut up and bleeding haha. I still can't really shake people's hands. We are still helping build a house in eagle lake every Saturday. It is coming along well. Saturday morning it got down to the 40s and I was sooooo cold haha. I haven't felt anything that cold in awhile. It's gonna be a struggle to adjust to winter in Idaho again. Good thing I don't have to worry about that for awhile :) 

We had zone conference on Tuesday. It was so good to receive some council from our amazing mission president, President Mortensen. I left ready to work and teach the way that he counseled with us to do. I always feel so edified when I leave his meetings. It was good to talk to and see some other missionaries that I hadn't seen in awhile as well.

We set a baptismal date with our investigator Marco last Monday. He is such a stud. He has read to chapter 17 of the Book of Mormon and he likes it a lot. He has his 3 year old son visiting here for a week from Colorado and he brought him to church with him on Sunday. He has so much love for his kids that he barely even sees. I feel super connected to him and like I was supposed to meet him. He's the man! 

Transfer calls were last night and it looks like Elder Child and I will be staying here in Sealy for another transfer! I'm excited for this transfer knowing that Elder Child and I are both willing to do whatever it takes to do the lords work. We are setting some goals for us as a companionship and we are gonna do whatever it takes to accomplish these tasks! 

Thank you for all your support! I love being here in the Texas Houston mission and for the opportunity to serve so many people. También, estoy muy agradecido por la oportunidad para aprender el mejor idioma en todo el mundo, español :). Tengan un buen Día de Gracias! 🦃 🍽😋





No comments:

Post a Comment