Wednesday, May 2, 2018

week 96

Week full of meetings and being sick!

Last pday I was starting to feel super sick with a fever and stuff. I woke up on Tuesday and it was even worse so Tuesday we weren't able to get much done. 

Wednesday we had our 8 week meeting for elder Lopez. It was super good and we both learned some new things on how to improve. 

Thursday we did some service at the peanut butter factory that's owned by the church. And later that day elder lopez got super sick so we were both trying to recover. 

Friday Elder Pearson from the 70 came to do a zone conference. Him and his wife were both superrrr bold haha. It was super good and I was sitting down almost sweating at the things they were saying haha. It made me realize a lot of things I need to improve on. He talked a lot about our circumstance and our attitude. Our circumstances should never effect our attitude. We can always be happy and positive no matter what our circumstances are. We were sent to this earth to be agents not objects and if we allow our circumstances to control us then we are not using our agency correctly. He talked about how there is no limit to our effort and diligence. We drew a little diagram called a frontier of faith. On the mission trials and barriers come. Great missionaries decide that they won't let that determine their diligence or effort. Average missionaries give up and make excuses. I'll send a picture of it. The way he explained it honestly blew my mind. It's a concept I have always thought but never been able to picture or heard it from someone else. He also talked about President Nelson. He said "President Nelson awakes most nights with Revelation and sometimes visits from above and immediately writes down what he received. I know this because he told me himself." I thought that was super cool. Revelation will never end and I'm so grateful for a living prophet that leads and guides us. Things will continue to change for the better. There were so many things he talked about that honestly blew my mind and I wish I could share it all with you pero no puedo. This week made me reflect a lot on the missionary I have been and who I have become these past two years. I hope and pray that I have accomplished and become what I needed to. Looking back I know there is more I could have done but one thing I've realized is that we will always feel like that in life. We are never going to be perfect in this life and we will always look back wishing we would've done something differently. We can't change the past but we can control what we are doing in the moment and in the future to be better.

Saturday Elder Lopez and I woke up still feeling super sick so we decided to go to the doctor. It turns out we both just had super bad allergies from all the pollen falling this year so it made us physically sick haha. He gave me some steroid shot thing and I'm taking allergy medicine so it's getting better.

Love y'all here's some pics. 






No comments:

Post a Comment