Monday, September 18, 2017

week 66 Baptism, Mission Conference, New comp, New area


Hey fam! This week was super busy and lots of changes happened! 

Elder Blackford and I were together until Thursday where we picked up our new companions! My new companion is Elder Gibby from Brigham City, UT. He is 6'6"!! He's so tall haha. It was so weird looking up to somebody to talk. I haven't done that since I came out here! He is pretty quiet but a super humble and smart guy. He took 5 years of Spanish before the mission so he already knows a ton. It's gonna be fun working together!

Elder Gibby and I are opening up a new area that hasn't been opened since I was here last! I was here in Louetta in may and when I left they took the Elders out and now I get to open it back up. We are starting from ground zero so it's going to be fun!! It's been super cool to see some members that I got pretty close with. This ward is seriously the best in the mission so I'm super excited! 

We had a mission conference this week on Friday. Elder Uceda and Elder Jones came to it. They both gave amazing talks but I specifically loved Elder Ucedas. He talked about Mathew 28:19. In English in the King James Version it says to teach all nations but in every other version of the Bible and in almost every other language it says to make disciples. He explained how we as missionaries are not here to just teach people but we are here to make disciples. It really impacted me and the spirit was super strong. Elder Uceda is now one of my favorites and has changed the way I look at missionary work. 

We are still helping out with houses that were affected by the floods. We worked on one yesterday that hasn't even been touched yet. It was full of mold and it was super gross haha. But we got it almost all the way done. I love helping people out even though the work is pretty tough. It's amazing to see people's hearts open as you serve them. 

The Llorente kids that I was teaching in the woodlands were baptized on Saturday but we got our car towed and so we weren't able to go :(. We arrived right after it ended but we were able to go to their house after and have some dinner. I'll send some pics from that.

We found one new inv this week. His name is Jose and he is excited to check the church out. We are excited to work with him. 

Love y'all and hope you had a good week. Talk to ya soon! image1.JPGimage2.JPGimage3.JPGimage4.JPG
image1.JPGimage2.JPGimage3.JPG

- Elder Cammack -

No comments:

Post a Comment